CECOS University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally.
- International Focus – We provide quality education and training on the basis of international standards.
- State of The Art Laboratory – All labs are highly equipped with the latest machinery and tools
Top Tier Faculty – We boast internationally trained and
experienced faculty both in academia and research
We welcome you to the Department of Computer Science as future IT experts and leaders with the creativity and innovation needed to serve the industry.
To provide students and faculty with an open and productive environment that fosters professional and personal growth.
To provide education in computer science and conduct research that meets the demand and needs of society and industry.
To collaborate with the industry and other academic and research institutes around the globe to strengthen the education, research, and development ecosystem.
The Department of Computer Science is offering the following undergraduate degree programs:
- BS Computer Science (BSCS)
- BS Software Engineering (BSSE)
BSCS / BS Software Engineering (Hons) – 4 years program
- Intermediate (HSSC) with Mathematics or equivalent qualification with Mathematics certified by IBCC with at least 50% marks or intermediate without mathematics with the condition to clear two additional courses of mathematics in 1st and 2nd semester.
- Having passed CECOS / NTS Entry Test.
The Department of Electrical Engineering is offering the following graduate degree programs:
- MS (Computer Science)
- MS (Software Engineering)
- Ph.D. (Computer Science)
MS Computer Science
The MS degree program is of a 2-year duration and spans four 16-18 week semesters. Total credit hours for the MS program is 30 (i.e., 24 credit hours of coursework plus 6 credit hours of thesis and research in case of MS by research Plan-A).
In Year II, selected students will embark on a thesis project (i.e. on basis of their CGPA, as well as synopsis defense); others will have to opt for the non-thesis track (i.e. all 30 credit hours derived from coursework Plan-B). Students with unsatisfactory performance in their thesis research will be shifted to the non-thesis track.
- Plan A mode consists of 24 credit hours of courses and 6 credit hours of a research thesis.
- Plan B mode consists of 30 credit hours.
- Having passed BSCS / BSIT / BSSE or equivalent degree with 60 % or more marks or minimum 2.5 / 4.00 CGPA under the semester system, whichever is applicable.
- 16 years Science and Engineering graduates with 50 % or more Marks or minimum CGPA equivalent to 60% marks under the semester system, whichever is applicable are eligible but they have to cover the deficiency courses as advised by the Admission Committee.
- Having passed CECOS / NTS Entry Test / Interview.
Ph.D. Computer Science
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program in Computer Science requires candidates to complete a number of graduate-level courses, pass a qualifying examination, and then carry out research in a specific area. The Ph.D. program enables students to conduct independent research in the field of Computer Science. A Ph.D. student gains knowledge through cutting-edge course work and also gains practical experience by contributing to research. The candidates are required to publish research papers in prestigious international journals. The Ph.D. in Computer Science is a research degree that culminates in a unique dissertation that demonstrates original and creative research. The doctoral program looks for individuals who have an open inquiry mindset and a strong desire to do research and contribute to scientific knowledge.
- MS / M. Phil / Equivalent Degree (in a relevant subject) from HEC recognized university with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 in the semester system or first division in the annual system. In the case of foreign degrees, an HEC equivalence certificate must be provided.
- Minimum 60% marks in GRE Subject Test or CECOS Admission Test.
- Clear Admission Interview by CECOS Graduate Admission Committee.